Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Unit 5: Digital Images

This unit's technology implement is digital images. To me, the most obvious way to use this in my classroom is as a tool for students to summarize math concepts. Below is an example of a flowchart that has been floating around in my brain for several months, since the unit we taught this year on solving quadratic equations. I think the product that I've made would be a good tool to include in their interactive notebooks (still on paper, playing with the idea of using OneNote in the future) for reference when we practice solving, but I think a better use of the technology would be to let kids create their own infographics for other students-- a product that explains a process or attributes of a math concept. When we talk about levels of thought, being able to describe a process is a higher level than actually following the steps of the process, so this is another step in the direction of meeting the ISTE standards we talk about in class-- being creative in math through technology. I think it would be really cool to do a math-themed "public service announcement" with these.

I created this one using Easelly app on my iPad but I believe they have a browser interface as well. It was super easy to use one of the pre-fab templates, but I also had the option to start from scratch.

What are your thoughts? I would love to hear ideas about how you would/have/would want to use something like this in class or in your professional world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment